ZBC POWER FM ZIMBABWE/INSTAK MUSIC COMPETITION RULES
The history of Zimbabwe’s revolutionary journey is rich, and music played a key role in the liberation of Zimbabwe. The music competition has been designed to create a new sound of music that will foster an appreciation and continuation of the country’s revolutionary music and history.
These are the competition rules
Rules for voters
- Votes will be accepted via the voting numbers and email to be provided
- Votes are strictly one per person/listener
- The listener can vote for five artists or groups in that vote.
- Votes are open to audiences worldwide
- No templates (chain messages) votes allowed, all those votes will be counted as one.
- Duplicate postings (to queries already answered or any efforts at spam) will be viewed as ‘flooding’ and will be deleted.
Rules of artists
- The competitions are open to solo artists and groups between the ages of 16 – 40 years
- Submissions of music for consideration are strictly one submission per solo artist or group
- Music piece should be no less than thirty seconds but not more than five minutes.
- Music piece should be either RnB (Urban grooves), Hip-hop and/or Zim- Dancehall.
- All music must be renditions of old revolutionary chimurenga songs or new compositions.
- Lyrics must not have hate speech, offensive, racial or tribal
- Participation in the competition is restricted to Zimbabwean artists only. Collaborations with non-Zimbabwean artists will not be considered in the competition.
- Any artists who knowingly violate the competition rules will be immediately disqualified and barred from future ZBC competitions.
Guidance on music submission
- Submission of music to be considered in the competition will begin on Monday 02 November 2020 to Monday 23 November 2020 by 23:59HRS.
- The adjudicators shall be composed of musicians or persons in the entertainment industry recognized for their expertise, competence, integrity and fairness.
- Adjudication will select the music that will be voted for by listeners . Adjudication will begin on Tuesday 24th November to Monday 30th November 2020
- Adjudicators must have an appreciation of Zimbabwe’s Chimurenga history and music genres
- Verification of the adjudication process will be done by an independent auditor.
Other competition rulesl
- First phase of voting will begin on Tuesday 1st December , until 8th December 2020 .
- Second phase of voting will begin on Wednesday 9th December 2020 to 16th December 2020.
- Do not harass, swear at, threaten or embarrass another participant.
- No obscene or rude language.
- Any queries regarding the competition must be directed to ZBC Public Relations via email at email@example.com
PRIZES TO BE WON BY ARTISTS
1) 1st prize is a CAR , US$2000 and a recording contract.
2) 2nd prize is a CAR and US$1000
3) Third prize is US$500