THE shortlist for BBC’s African Sports Personality of the Year 2021 award has been announced.
The six contenders for the accolade were chosen by a panel of journalists from Africa and the United Kingdom.
The panel selected a shortlist based on the best African sporting achievements on the international stage in 2021 (between January and September).
The impact of the person’s achievement beyond their particular sport was also taken into account.
The nominees are:
- Eliud Kipchoge (athletics)
- Faith Kipyegon (athletics)
- Ntando Mahlangu (para-athletics)
- Christine Mboma (athletics)
- Edouard Mendy (football)
- Tatjana Schoenmaker (swimming)