How to Get Rid of Blackheads in Your Ears
|Blackheads are troublesome and irritating, and even more so when they are in your ears. They can be very tender and cause mild pain, as well as give the false impression that your ears are dirty.
Normally, blackheads occur on the T-zone of the face, but you can also get blackheads in your ears or any part of your body that produces too much oil.
Due to too much oil secretion, dead skin cells, sebum and dirt can clog the pores. When sebum comes into contact with oxygen, it turns black, which is what creates blackheads. However, people who have a lighter skin tone can have blackheads that appear grayish or yellowish in color.
Because the skin on your ears is thinner, removing blackheads is not as easy as removing them from your nose or other areas. Improper treatment may lead to scarring and infection, making the problem even worse.
Using some simple and effective home remedies and other tips will help you easily get rid of blackheads in your ears or behind the ears.
A warm compress is also very effective at getting rid of blackheads in your ears. It can help open up the clogged pores and dislodge the excess oil, dead skin cells and impurities, so it’s easier to clean out the blackheads.
The warmth also helps reduce any pain associated with blackheads.
1. Soak a clean washcloth in warm water and squeeze out the excess water.
2. Apply the warm compress on the ear for 5 minutes.
3. Use a gentle cleanser to cleanse the ear.
4. Use this remedy twice daily for a few days. Do it on both ears, if needed.
Lemon juice is a rich source of citric acid that helps cleanse your skin by removing excess oil and dead skin cells. Being a natural astringent, lemon helps remove blackheads from your ears and tightens the pores to prevent a recurrence.
1. Dilute 1 teaspoon of lemon juice with ½ teaspoon of water.
2. Dip a cotton swab in this solution, then apply it directly on the blackheads in the affected ear.
3. Allow it to dry before wiping it off using a cotton swab soaked with warm water.
4. Do this twice daily until the blackheads are gone.
Another effective ingredient for blackheads in the ears is baking soda. Being a gentle exfoliating agent, it helps clear the skin of impurities, such as dirt and microbes. It also helps remove excess oil and unclog pores that have developed into blackheads.
Plus, baking soda helps balance the skin’s pH level.
1. Make a paste using 1 teaspoon of baking soda and ½ teaspoon of water.
Apply it on the blackheads in your ears